Fine Art/Paintings

Possibly, The Sacred Family
Possibly, The Sacred F  
I have what appears to be a very, very old oil painting in a very, old frame. How can I get assistance in identifying it and determining the age?

Dear Jessie,

It is a beautiful painting and appears to be a circa 17th-18th century image of the Virgin Mary, Jesus the baby, and the young John the Baptist. It is difficult to see due to the glare from the flash and the paintings darkness and need for restoration. I would take the painting a museum and get an opinion from their European paintings expert. It needs examination in person to give you a concise answer to your question.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.