Fine Art/Paintings

Question
Possibly, The Sacred Family
Possibly, The Sacred F  
I have what appears to be a very, very old oil painting in a very, old frame. How can I get assistance in identifying it and determining the age?

Answer
Dear Jessie,

It is a beautiful painting and appears to be a circa 17th-18th century image of the Virgin Mary, Jesus the baby, and the young John the Baptist. It is difficult to see due to the glare from the flash and the paintings darkness and need for restoration. I would take the painting a museum and get an opinion from their European paintings expert. It needs examination in person to give you a concise answer to your question.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley