Fine Art/Question about a painting I purchased

Question
not sure
not sure  
Hello Mr. Hynes!
Approx. 4 years ago my husband and I purchased a painting from San Francisco.  I would like to know more information about it.  It's difficult to read the signature on the painting, but it looks like Wilson or Wilsom, or perhaps even Wilsin...I'm not quite sure if it's even any of those names.  The original price tag was $3,000.  The owner of the studio was going to have an auction later that night, but we could not make that time.  So, he lowered the price.  After an hour of negotiations, we ended up paying $400 cash for it.  So, I cannot believe that it's even an original, but it may perhaps be a very good imitation.  It looks to be oil on canvas, and the painting is approx. 23x19 in size.  With the frame (which came with the painting), it is of course much larger. I have attached the image of the painting.  If you could give me any information at all, I would greatly appreciate it.  If this is not your area of expertise, than is it possible to forward it to an expert in this area?  Thank you so much.

Answer
Dear Suzan, I don't know if this is a painting or a reproduction from your image, but it is obviously a copy.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and remove any paper covering (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940 (in other words if it does not look like your grandfather or great-grandfather would have owned it, don't proceed). If you have found my instructions somewhere on the internet, do not email me unless you go through allexperts.com
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes