Fine Art/R Gallon

Question
QUESTION: I have an original landscape oil painting by R Holland depicting Cader Idris in Wales.It measures approx 40" x 25". The view is painted from llelelryn. On the back of the painting is the artists address in St Johns Wood in London.Is it of any value.

ANSWER: Dear John, I find no listing anywhere for an artist "R. Holland" that could have painted a scene in Wales. If your artwork is post-1940 I would not have the reference material for a search.
Cordially,
Dan

QUESTION: Hi Dan,
The painting is dated 1880

kind regards

john

ANSWER: I don't understand you. Why do you say the subject is "R. Gallon" and the painting is by "R. Holland" ???

QUESTION: Hi Dan,
I do apologies for giving you misleading information
The painting I have is a R Gallon landscape it was painted in 1880. It shows a cottage in the fore ground with 2 trees and a man digging next to a low stone built wall. On the right of the painting, is a small river with 2 men fly fishing. In  the back ground is the Cader Idris Mountain range. On the back of the painting is the Painters address
28, Alma Square ST Johns Wood

Answer
John, What is your question ????

If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and remove any paper covering (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940 (in other words if it does not look like your grandfather or great-grandfather would have owned it, don't proceed). If you have found my instructions somewhere on the internet, do not email me unless you go through allexperts.com
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes