Fine Art/Un-identified Artist & Painting

Question
Hi, I have recently obtained this o/c painting that measures 8 X 10 unframed. It is signed but in part due to the heavy crazing, I am not sure who the artist is. Very generally it appears to be, "A. Hansel". But it could be almost anything else. A person in armor (could be a woman)with raised sword about to strike a beautiful nude woman with long hair.  In the very dark painting there is two "attack" dogs that look like there are about to atttack the woman and in the upper right and the only part of a horse is its head, raised up such as to be standing on its hind legs. I do have a lot of photos if need, especially of the signuature I would think would be extra helpful. Sincerely, Jerry S.

Answer
Dear Jerry,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and remove any paper covering (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940 (in other words if it does not look like your grandfather or great-grandfather would have owned it, don't proceed). If you have found my instructions somewhere on the internet, do not email me unless you go through allexperts.com
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes