Fine Art/William Etty Painting

I would like to know what William Etty's signature looked like. I know he was an english painter who painted nudes. The painting I have is a group of women and two babies.  It is painted on board and has a signature on the back of the board.  the i in the name has the shape of a heart where the dot on the eye would be and the y has also a heart at the bottom tail of the y.  I am trying to find out if this is a real painting. I have looked on the internet and the colours used in the painting are similar.  How would I go about finding out about this painting.

Hello Helen, A signature is not the best way to identify a painting by an artist as well known as William Etty.  What is the provenance of the work?  What size is it?  Are you able to attach an image of the front of the work?  Cheers, Brent

Hello Helen,  Do you have answers for the questions I asked above?  I appreciate you rating my initial response but I did not have enough information from you to answer your question.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.