Fine Art/de Brecy Tondo

Question
de Brecy Tondo
de Brecy Tondo  
QUESTION: I have a copy of the de Brecy Tondo that was found in an attic about 50 years ago.  I have no idea how old it is (it came with the house) or if "original" copies were ever made of that painting at some time in the past.
Maybe you have access to that type of information regarding copies of it?
The attached image is a 'flash behind glass" shot of a portion of the print. I have some close ups of the paper it is on, but I can only load one image at this time.

ANSWER: This is outside my area. I can tell you that many great works of art were repoduced as museum reproductions and sold at museums.

There should be some indication as to who printed it?

Dan

QUESTION: The only writing on the back is a number "40" in pencil. Otherwise it is unmarked.

Answer
When you study the history of the original and then search for antique prints/original lithographs/etchings/engravings, I see nothing.  If original lithographs were made, it had to be with permission from those that own the original.  You would have to contact them and ask if anyone was ever given the rights to make prints of the original.  There are many unauthorizaed reproductions, but those are photo lithographs from many generations of images that have been published in books and other places.

Dan

Dan Twyman