Fine Art/Henry T. Harvey

Canuck wrote at 2012-03-18 19:52:13
I also have a "Henry T. Harvey" oil painting which I inherited and it has been in my family for over 100 years so I doubt that Mr. Harvey was born in 1908 (unless he was a child prodigy).  Many of his paintings are evidently dated in the 1880s and 90s so it is more likely that he lived in the latter half of the 19th century and died about 1908.  

Although there appears to be little information about him available online, his is credited on various auction sites with being born in Britain or America although the former seems more likely since most of his work appears to have been done in Britain and Europe.  I'd love to hear if anyone knows more about him.  

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.