Fine Art/Parker Lee (Parker Lee Hall?)

Lars wrote at 2008-03-05 22:35:40
That's not the right Parker Lee.  Your paintings are by an artist from Cedar Rapids Iowa, who sold many, many abstract citscapes through Martin Lowitz's gallery.  If memory serves right, he eventually moved to Mexico.  They sell now on ebay for something around $200-350.  Sorry.

Highhawk wrote at 2008-05-18 10:59:23
I can verify what Lars wrote.  My husband and I purchased a Parker Lee from a gallery in New Orleans in April 1973.  We also met the artist there who told us he was then living in Guadalajara, Mexico

kryptos wrote at 2008-08-05 12:48:28

I too have an original oil painting signed "Parker Lee". Unable to find any online record of a "Parker Lee" at the time, I also thought the work might have been painted by Parker Lee Hall which I was able to rule out after contacting a member of the Hall family. Since that time I have found other examples of work by Parker Lee posted on craigslist and ebay respectively, including the following Martin- Lowity gallery bio of Parker Lee from a painting circa 1950-1969:

"Born thirty years ago in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, his precocious artistic talent aroused the interest of Grant Wood, with whom he began his formal training. After receiving his degree in art from the University of Iowa, he moved to Colorado Springs where his semi-abstract style was developed. His paintings were soon enthusiastically acclaimed by both critic and layman because of his subtle color sense and strong feeling for space and form. Mr. Lee has exhibited extensively in the major American galleries and has won countless awards in shows and exhibitions."

Lars wrote at 2008-09-06 23:56:14
Update--- Full name Leo "Parker lee" Leibsohn. died New Orleans Nov. 5 1995, having moved there from Mexico in the 1980's.

Mike Baker wrote at 2012-12-30 03:59:29
I can confirm that Parker Lee was in New Orleans in the late 80's. I bought an oil from him on the plaza in front of the St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans in 1987. A wonderful man and gifted artist. Hold your paintings. They will appraise higher in years to come.

Mike Baker

thunderthroat wrote at 2013-07-21 22:35:47
I also purchased a Parker Lee from the artist in front of the St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans round the early 80's. What an unpretentious, gifted artist. We had a great time chatting before I settled on a wonderful bayou/swamp painting just as he was gathering up his work to go home for the day. Wish I had asked him for a receipt. It's still the centerpiece of my living room.  

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.