Fine Art/harrison fisher

Question
how can i tell if i have a print or orginal? I a picture of a women on a park bench with a man standing behind her leaning over the bench to kiss her. it is signed harrison fisher and  directly below the signature to the right it is dated 1906. It is framed, mated and has a brown paper backing.I can send picture if you need it. thanks diane

Answer
Look at the medium, is it watercolor, ink, acrylic or oil?

Is it on paper or canvas?

If the work is on canvas and is oil, the answer is obvious unless its a modern day giclee print on canvas.

If the work is on paper and is an aquatint etching, that might give the look of an original watercolor on paper, but there is most likley an edition number in the lower right corner.

Hard to tell without seeing it in person.

Dan

Dan Twyman