Fine Art/lautrec - jane avril

I have acquired a Lautrec print,and am curious of worth?--the print is titled Jane Avril #8204,from Catalda Fine Arts,Inc--New York,N.Y.--frame no. wc153. Any info. is greatly appreciated!--Thank you for your time!

Dear Rick,

Catalda Fine Arts Inc.was a New York art publishing company that  produced literally millions of prints and carried the copywrite of lithographic images from over 1500 old and modern masters, including Toulouse Lautrec. Catalda is no longer active as it was acquired by another gallery (in Oklahoma City), in the 1980ís.

The range of value of Catalda prints is as wide as the Grand Canyon and the prices are being set by the quality of printing and how much a collector will pay for the print. Without looking at your print, I cannot tell what method Catalda used to reproduce it and since there is a difference in quality based on printing methods and paper quality, I cannot give you a valid estimate.

Most Catalda reproductions that I found sell within the range of $25-100.00. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.