Fine Art/oil painting

QUESTION: Hi I have had his painting many years and cannot decipher the painter any help would be appreciated thanks annmac

ANSWER: Hello Ann,  If you can please attach an image that clearly shows the front of the painting and also provide its size, signature location, medium and provenance I will see what I can do.  Thank you.  Cheers, Brent

oil on board
oil on board  
QUESTION: hi there is not much I can say about it.I acquired it about twenty years ago at a charity auction in Scotland.The signature is on the left at the bottom but I cannot make out the signature.thanks annmac

Hello Ann, Thank you for providing the image and the additional information.  I have no idea who the artist is. It looks Spanish or French in style, probably from the early 20th Century or later.  I would need to see the work in person in order to determine more about the work. I suggest you show it to an art dealer in your local area that is familiar with 19/20th Century European art.   Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.