Fine Art/oil painting

Question
QUESTION: Hi I have had his painting many years and cannot decipher the painter any help would be appreciated thanks annmac

ANSWER: Hello Ann,  If you can please attach an image that clearly shows the front of the painting and also provide its size, signature location, medium and provenance I will see what I can do.  Thank you.  Cheers, Brent

oil on board
oil on board  
QUESTION: hi there is not much I can say about it.I acquired it about twenty years ago at a charity auction in Scotland.The signature is on the left at the bottom but I cannot make out the signature.thanks annmac

Answer
Hello Ann, Thank you for providing the image and the additional information.  I have no idea who the artist is. It looks Spanish or French in style, probably from the early 20th Century or later.  I would need to see the work in person in order to determine more about the work. I suggest you show it to an art dealer in your local area that is familiar with 19/20th Century European art.   Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke