Fine Art/Currier & Ives Print

I am writing in hopes that you can help determine the value of a Currier & Ives
print I have. It is called Winter in the Country - A Cold Morning. Published by
Currier & Ives 1864, painted by G.H. Durrie. It is currently framed and I am
hesitant to remove it. it is aprroximately (very approximate) 10.5 by 14.5. There is also a number written in pencil on the back of
the framed litho looks like it says C62000.

Thank you for your help,

Desiree Holloway  

Do not attempt to take it out of the frame.  A framer should do that, and you should be there and make sure they are very careful not to tear the paper.  I hope they did not use GLUE to attach the mat. The glass is prob very brittle, so don't cut yourself, happens all the time with old art.

I like Currier & Ives quite a bit myself.

I can help, but it will take some research and we have to do it together.

Please send images and details to:

Also I need a ph# so I can discuss with you.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.