Fine Art/Dali/ Autograph on Print

Dali Signature
Dali Signature  
QUESTION: Please see the image attached and comment on authenticity of signature. I have other images of the print and the watermark.I am interested in selling if true. Thanks

ANSWER: Dali signatures on napkins and posters etc., are not my area.  I sell Dali limited edition or Dali drawings/paintings etc.

You need help from someone in the signature business.

I think the company mentioned is still around.

QUESTION: Dan, I sent a picture of the BACK of a signed/framed lithograph by Dali. You don't sell prints? Only original artworks? Please clarify. I have a picture of the front of this framed lithograph as well. Here it is. I'm sorry if there was some confusion as to the material I asked you to look at. Thanks again!

Someone made a copy of a Dali interpretation of a Goya and it appears they had Dali autograph it.  This is a far cry from a hand signed original etching or engraving.

The signature can be verified. The authenticator charges around $150.00.  I suspect they will not like the situation and here is why.

The authentic version of this print does not have the big black signature on it.

Why would Dali violate a contract and hand sign an already signed work?

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.