Fine Art/Picasso's Friendship Ring,

Dan,  I bought a framed picture at a rummage sale, signed Picasso.  From what I've seen on the internet, it is the Friendship Ring, Circle of Youth, etc.. signed and dated 25.7 61.  The size is considerably smaller than what must be the size of the stone this was set in, being on a piece of paper that measures 10 x 13.  The surface of the paper is a rough texture with one end unfinished (I hesitate to say ripped).  It shows sign of aging in the yellowing of the paper, discoloration of the mat and what I'm assuming to be a change in the colors used, which now appear to be black, bluish gray, yellow, brown, turquoise blue.  The artwork itself fits in a space approximately 7" x 6".  There are other differences from what I see on the internet as well, most notably in the squiggle line and placement of dots.  Is this something worth finding out more about?  Is there someone in the Phoenix area who might be able ?  Thank you!  Tina

The bottom price for an authentic Picasso is $20K

If you bought it at a rummage sale for a few dollars, it's prob a low end print.

The image you mentioned has been reproduced many times.

You would have to have it examined by an expert to be sure.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.