Fine Art/Salinas

Question
I have a Salinas landscape that needs restoration.  It is oil on canvas on board and coming loose from the board.  I just got an estimate for taking it off the board affixing it to new lining and having it restretched onto a stretcher frame.  I would like a second opinion about the best way to go. For instance, would it be better to have it affixed to a new, acid-free board so that it is more like its original state? I would like to sell this painting.  I am new to collecting and selling art. Thank you.

Answer
Art is best left in it's original state.  Some collectors pass on works because they were re-framed.  It depends on the situation.

Seems the art restoration or framing people can guide you.

Is that Pere Salinas?

You might sell as is.  Do you have a value worked out?

If you need more research done, send a request to:

collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman