Fine Art/allexperts

Brent, how are you?  I bought a painting by t. b. Griffin at a tag sale.  it is original and I think it is valuable.  It is 20inches by 16inches.  I really dont' know anything about art, I just liked the piece.  I wonder if you have an opinion of the artist.  I also have a Paul Marny matching set of water colors...again, I have know I idea.  If you could shed a little light on these I would be very thankful...

Hello Steve,  All is well, thank you for asking.  Your painting could be by American artist Thomas Bartholomew Griffin (1858 - 1918) New York/Maryland.  He was educated at the National Academy of Design in New York and specialized in landscape, animal and hunting scenes.  Works of similar size to yours that are in excellent condition usually sell for from $500.00 to $1,000.00.  What sizes are your works by Paul Marny?  Cheers Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.