Fine Art/Manuel Cuberos paintings

Karina wrote at 2008-05-20 11:14:25
In responce to your article, I have 4 of Cuberos Paintings, that I am considering selling, I could send you somw pictures of them.

Carol Rosenberg wrote at 2008-06-23 22:39:42
I purchased 2 paintings by manuel cuberos from the following place in torremlinos spain about 8 to 9 years ago. Galeria Don Pedro Carmen, 25 Carihuela

Torremolinos tel 38 06 38

Gertrud Hirsch wrote at 2008-08-19 17:02:28
Hello,

we are a second-hand furniture shop in Munich, Germany. We just got a painting from this Cuberos. The motive I think is a different view from the same village  as in your picture. If you like, I will send you a photography.

Greetings

Gertrud

Jenny R wrote at 2008-09-02 02:42:23
I was trying to research the name in the bottom of  two paintings that were given to us by my husband's parents. They both carry the same signature which appears to be Cuberos. There is nothing indicating the name of either of the works. They are a pair and depicts a serene street scene of a small village in lovely blues and browns. I will check with my in-laws to find out where & when they were purchased.

Sam wrote at 2008-09-24 14:37:01
I have a painting by Cuberos that I purchased in Spain in the late 1960's and am interested in selling the painting.  I have also not been able to locate any information about him except that he is called "The Painter of Light" in Spain.

Shawn wrote at 2008-10-15 23:45:24
I own one of Cuberos paintings which is the exact same artist you are looking for. It's a oil painting of spain similar to the one you are showing here, but a different painting. We have owned the painting for over 30 years. It is in excellent shape. Please contact the previous question owner if you are able and you may give him/her my email address.

Adam wrote at 2008-10-19 01:00:50
My Parents purchased a Cuberos while on Vacation in Spain in the 1970's.  It hangs in their living room.

Steve Redding wrote at 2008-10-27 20:49:09

I own a cuberos painting that was purchased from a small gallery in Fuenguerola about 7 years ago.  We have subsequently visited Fuenguerola but unfortunately the gallery has closed.  From recollection, we paid about 170.  A couple of years later we saw some cuberos paintings for sale in a small gallery in Montmatre at a price of around 1,000.

Hope this helps

Steve Redding

Les wrote at 2008-12-06 08:32:35
I have a  Cuberos painting purchased in Spain many years ago.

A similar style to the pic you show, narrow street with flowered walls mountains in the distance, we are very fond of the picture it has pride of place in our New Zealand home

Les Kenyon

AVAN wrote at 2008-12-10 13:30:29
I bought a Cuberos oil in Torremolinos in about 1982, an old women sitting on a terrace with the lighting so superbly captured. That is what drew me to his paintings. This is the first I have looked into his name on-line.

Elisabeth Simons wrote at 2009-01-10 00:30:34
I know quite a lot about Cuberos. I own one of his paintings which my mother bought in Spain 25 years ago. I have spoken with a gallery in his home town and can probably reach him again. Please have the person who wrote to you about this in Mar2008 contact me. Thank you. elisabeth simons

David wrote at 2009-08-03 11:17:47
I have three big Manuel Cuberos paintings and a news paper artical from when he had an exhibition sponsored by the Knights Templars of Gibralter

Karina wrote at 2009-09-07 16:57:00
Yes I have a few of these paintings please contact me by return email or phone Spain (0034) 645700522

Karina Reilly

john armstrong wrote at 2009-10-31 13:40:32
reference query on spanish artist manuel cuberos i have several of his oils in my collection.my contact also closed.but hey i found cuberos in his very own gallery in spain! for further info contact me anytime by email i will gladly be of help.

annagemma wrote at 2010-03-26 21:53:20
I was in Cuberos gallery in July last year, 2009, and his wife, as always attended to us. His gallery is still in Carihuela, Torremolinos and there were many of his oils for sale.

Hope this helps any wouldbe purchasers.

Russ74 wrote at 2010-09-08 09:02:33
Hi to the poster and Dan Twyman (expert)

I have recently acquired a Manuel Cuberos painting for sale if you could put me in touch with the writer privately that would be great. Cuberos is known as the 'Artist of light'.

Apparently they do not come up often and are quite prized even president Clinton has one at his request..

Thanks Russell  

Russ651 wrote at 2010-09-08 09:06:00
Hi I have a Manuel Cuberos painting for sale. Showing a man on Donkey nicely framed.

If the original poster is interested please answer here.

Thanks  

denise wrote at 2011-01-12 23:10:55
I bought a cuberos painting 20 years ago in Torremolinos, it is a beautiful landscaped white housed village in the mountains.  It is almost three dimentional a fantastic painting.  At the time I paid over 100 for it but it was well worth it.  There were lots of his paintings for sale at that time.

travelbug wrote at 2011-03-14 00:55:37
He is a well known artist in Spain and resides in Malaga Spain. I have three of his peices and they are soo beautiful ! The light he brings to a painting is increadible ! He had a shop in Torrimolinis Spain where i purchased his artwork.

Ron Boyd wrote at 2011-04-27 17:45:06
I own a beautiful Cuberos, are you still interested in buying one?

If so let me know, I can send a picture of it with dimensions

denise gillyett-marshall wrote at 2012-01-09 16:33:07
Cuberos was a well known Spanish painter I bought one of his paintings 20 years ago and had it put in a beautiful art frame.  His paintings were very popular in a shop in Torremolinos.  I paid over a 100 for it all those years ago so I guess they will be expensive to buy now

charlie wrote at 2012-02-04 18:48:56
Hey, is it Cuberos or Cuperos. I have one of his paintings purchased at a charity auction some time ago. Love the painting. Not sure what else I can add.

Denis wrote at 2013-01-22 14:10:05
We spotted one last year in a picture frame shop in Fuengirola, Spain. I think it is called PINTURAS MENAPE S.L., CALLE RICARDO LEON, 19, 29640 FUENGIROLA. The guy that owns the shop gets them directly from Manuel himself. Hope this helps.

Nona wrote at 2013-07-16 04:35:09
I have an oil painting by M. Cuberos tht my husband & I purchased years ago while we were in Spain. It is an oil painting of a young boy sitting on a chair with his grandmother (I assume) in the background moving another chair. It is mostly shades of browns, white & grey except for the little boy who has a red shirt.

The info sheet I taped to back of painting said he has permanent exhibition in Montmarire in Paris. Bear in mind this picture is about 40 years old

P. J. Elsass wrote at 2014-05-10 18:13:45
I am in possession of three works of Cuberos which I purchased in Spain in the 1973-74 timeframe.  One canvas is approximately 25x28 and the other two are 18x21.5.  The subjects are similar to the one shown with the question.  

Barbara wrote at 2015-04-15 00:26:12
I have one of his paintings - a scene in Spain.  I bought it at an art show in Pennsylvania.  

Barbara Cox bjcox26@comcast.net

Dan Twyman