Fine Art/info & value of a painting

Hello Brent - I hope you can help me- Iam trying to locate some info on a Limited to 200 copies print of "A Dutch Kitchen" by Henri Valkenburg - copperplate watercolor painting it was owned or purchased from Thurber's Galleries in Chicago many years ago, by my husbands Aunt, the print is small (5x8" approx.)and in an old frame. My husband"s Aunt has been trying to find out some info & value regarding this painting and I have not been successful on the internet. Thanks for any help you can give us! Wendy

Hello Wendy,  You are most likely referring to Hendrik Valkenburg, a Dutch artist born in 1826 that died in 1896. He did not create limited edition prints so you must be looking for a reproduction produced by Thurber's Art Gallery, Chicago.  Maybe they produced this print as a 'give a way' to celebrate a special time in their business?  I am not sure.  It most likely has little value for it it simply a reproduction of a painting.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.