Fine Art/julien dupre

4"x5" photo of winter scene signed Julien Dupre
4"x5" photo of winter  
Hello, I have recently acquired a small winter scene (signed Julien Dupre) painting, beautifully framed (extremely expensive), and has a Zwickers gallery (member of the national art association) noterized stamp on the back. I cannot find any subject or scene like this relating to this artist. the signature looks much like the one i have researched on google...

Hello Sue,  It is not 'the' Julien Dupre (1851 - 1910) .  Your Dupre is mostly an eastern Canadian artist.  Zwickers Gallery is in Halifax, Nova Scotia and you may want to contact them and ask them for information .  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.