Fine Art/watercolor print

Question
signature
signature  
I picked up a framed work that appears to be a watercolor, but unsure how to tell if it is an original or print. It measures 10 3/4" X 14 3/4". The artist's name is fairly clear, but the signature is cursive and it's hard to determine each letter, but it appears to be W. Sk (c or e) lto(u or v) and there is a space between the sk and the 3rd letter. The back was sealed with brown, (it is now anyway) paper, but has cracks around edge as it is very brittle. It has some water stains around the matting, but it appears the picture has been spared and the glass has a crack diagonally across the bottom. The subject is a young boy/girl with one leg folded under and one knee upright with right arm around a rabbit on a rock munching lettuce. Subject wears a feminine hat and ruffled blouse. I've tried to find even a similar signature on line and the only last name I could find that comes close is Skelton, but his first name was Jonathan. There is a sticker on the back of the shop where it was framed in Chicago, Waller Art Shop. The item was purchased from an estate sale. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,Calvin
This is the question I asked of Brent, he asked me to take picture out of frame and send some pics., but when I tried he was unavailable. I am not computer savvy and unsure exactly how to attach photo's to this response. If you can help in any way it would be appreciated. Thanks, Calvin

Answer
If you have an original, there will be a signature only.

If you have a limited edtiion, you should see an edition number lower left.

Watercolor and ink can look similar in some cases, but printed work can have dots or pixels.

Seems you might need to have someone examine it in person.

To research an unknown artist can take many hours of work.  I don't know that anyone will be willing to do that for free.

Dan

Dan Twyman