Fine Art/Adolf Schreyer print

I have a print of Adolf Schreyer's work and cannot find any information about it. Its very old in a thin wood frame. It looks to have been in the same frame for at least 50 years. I am  hoping that by sending you a photo of it in the frame you can shed some light on the Title, if rare or not, so forth. Thanks

Hello Mary,  I am not an expert in the artist's work so I do not know what painting, if any, your reproduction was copied from.  Keep in mind you have a reproduction, AKA poster, so it has no fine art value and only a minimal decorative art value. In order to track down what painting your poster may have been copied from I suggest you head to your local fine art library and see if you can find a copy of the artist's raisonne.  Good luck, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.