Fine Art/Dali Lithograph

Hello, Dan-- My mother gave me a signed lithograph of "A Caucus Race and
A Long Tale" from the Alice in Wonderland suite. On its back is a note of
authenticity from Sculpture Collectors Limited, Madison Avenue, New York
City. The handwritten number is 2030.

My brother seems to think it has great value. I do not, since our parents were
not wealthy people and my mother bought this many years ago because she
admired it.

Can you shed some light on this for us all? Its history interests me most of all.
As for its value, I found several individual signed lithographs from this suite
for sale from $600 to over a thousand. Not large sums at all, but you are
much more qualified to educate me on this than my wanderings on the

I appreciate, in advance, your help and expertise.

John Brinkerhoff
Ostrander, OH 43061

Yes I am very familiar with the works and have sold them.

There are two editions of the works. The authentic version is smaller in size, about 16 x 20 inches per print.

The un-authorized version is a larger size print.

Sears tried to get in the art industry but had to recall the works after they found them to be copies of the real ones.

The pitch man on television back when they tried to sell these, was Vincent Price.

If you have the real thing, it is signed in the plate with the exception of the frontice piece that was signed in pencil.

The good ones are gaining in value, but are less valuable that pencil signed works.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.