Fine Art/David Palladini works

Question
Hello, I have aquired this artist work from an organization that was handed this artist works . They had an auction and I was able to purchase many of his works. They are Oils and Pastels. I actually Called the artist myself and spoke with him last week. He confirmed the work. But my question to you is he does not have any oils or pastels in the market place. He strictly works on Illustrations for Books and Tarot Cards. So what value would the oils and pastels have?

Answer
There are quite a lot of examples of illustrators going on to sell their works to the public. Theodore Geisel is a good example, he illustrated the Dr. Suess books.  I suspect the works will increase in value over time.  If the artist is still living and there is no collectors base, I suggest you enjoy them and hand on to them for a while.

Dan

Dan Twyman