Fine Art/Heywood Hardy

Question
Heywood Hardy 1
Heywood Hardy 1  
I have a painting (print) - see attached picture - I can see the signature in the bottom left - Heywood Hardy (Looked up his biography, English, 1842 - 1933) - I cannot find this particular painting on the internet. Do you happen to know the title, or where I might find any information about it? This painting is 8x10 inches. The back of the painting is white and glossy. The front appears to be canvas-like (has texture) and oil painted. Thats why I feel it is a print of some kind - this material probably didn't exist back in the artist's day. But I'm no expert. Do you know what kind of technique was used to make it? The detail is quite remarkable. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Answer
It is common to see a print on material that gives the impression of canvas, but there are no brush strokes.  Museum reproductions(prints) turn up quite often.

The artists works have been sold at auction and in some galleries.

I'd have to spend some time to research this for you.

Dan

Dan Twyman