Fine Art/Joseph Konzal Sculpture

Hello, I am not sure that you can help but I thought it would be worth a try to ask for assistance. I recently acquired a sculpture of "Mark Twain" by Joseph Konzal. I have been researching the artist and the piece but am having problems determining what the value may be. Can you help?

I would have to spend some time on this.  I can probably find info, but with artists like this, it takes some digging.

Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he taught sculpture  at a number of  schools and cultural institutions, among them the Brooklyn  Museum Art School, Queens College, Adelphi University and Kent State University.  Among his students were Theodoros Stamos, Susan Grabel, James Nestor, Steven Dono, and Edith Ekros.

Konzal was a fellow of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation, and was the recipient of the award from the New York Government Art Project of the 1930

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.