Fine Art/Oil Painting

Question
1646 JPG
1646 JPG  
Mr Luebke
The attached painting has been in my family for many generations.  The style is strikingly similar to works done by Phillipe Jacques De Loutherbourg.  It is signed in the lower right "P.J.De L." with no date.  I have been unable to document that he had ever signed his works in this manner but the penmanship seems identical.  Any information / suggestions that you could supply would be appreciated.  Thank you

Answer
Hello Alan,  I cannot determine the painter of your painting based only on the image you provided.  My initial impression is that it is not a work by Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg - the style is somewhat similar but the execution is very weak.  I suggest you find an expert in your local area so they can view the painting in person.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke