Fine Art/Oil Painting

Question
Oil
Oil  
QUESTION: Hi Dan,
The attached drawing has been in my family for many generations.  It was reframed approx 15 yrs ago as the original framed was destroyed during a move.  It is signed lower right as P.J.de L.  Trying to identify I have only been able to come up with Phillipe Jacques de Loutherbourg.  While the style is very similar to some of his works and the penmenship is almost identical, I cannot find that he ever signed his works with just initials.  Any advice or suggestions that you could give would be appreciated

ANSWER: I agree, looks like the correct artist.

I have seen many artists over the years, change their signature for one reason or another. It's not that far fetched that the artist initialed this work.  Also, does not look like a drawing. Looks like a painting.  You mentioned drawing in your question.

Dan

Initials
Initials  
QUESTION: Dan
Thank you for the quick response.  Yes, it is an oil on canvas.  I have attached a photo of the artisit's initials on the picture.  I am concerned that it is not dated.  Can you suggest a trustworthy expert in Dallas who could evaluate the work for me?
Thank you again for your input.
Alan

Answer
You need both Authenticity and Appraisal.  It's common to work with people outside your area, although it seems there would be experts near you.

The people I work with are in California.

I found a few in your area by doing a google search, but I don't know them and cannot attest to their history in the industry.

Dan

Dan Twyman