Fine Art/Picasso Etching

Question
QUESTION: Hello Dan, I am trying to find information/value on a Picasso etching. It is framed and labeled with Picasso's "years of service" (81-73). There is some kind of certificate of authentication on the back by Nathan Daniel Isen. Etching in Paper. Title of the work is "Corps Perdu." 1950. Limited Edition 18/25. Do you know if this has any value? Thank you for your time and experties Dan...Michael

ANSWER: The name on the cert is kind of a red flag.

Are you trying to sell it?

Dan

QUESTION: I am thinking of buying it and then selling it...any thoughts would certainly help...thank you

ANSWER: Authentic Picasso works start at 25K

If it is for sale at a low price, that is also a red flag.

There are THOUSANDS of fake Picasso works on the market.

Dan

QUESTION: If this is an authentic picasso etching and it is possibly worth 25k or more...how would I be able to look for signs of authenticity? It is being sold for a very low price but know one seems to "know" how to identify it as a fake...Are there any green flag and are there any authentic etchings with the certificate that I mentioned? If it is real...I'm glad to pay you for your help in identifying it...Of course if its a fake I will not be able to...Thanks again for your time...My lost opportunity is Friday for this piece...

Answer
Here is your rating of my answer and this is good for people to see because it is an example of someone that does not appreciate that this is a free service and we are here to help people.
_______________________________________________________________
Comment:
Thanks for your expert advise. I learned nothing accept that it can not be real
since its available for so less. So is that how you measure authentic works of
art? If you are an expert I doubt that this is one of your premises.
Anyway...its all too late any how...thanks for nothing

Michael, it is obvious that you are not grateful for the time I spent answering your questions and for my 25 years in the business.

I have seen the same question many many times and the result is always the same.  To prove that I am correct in my answers to you, go ahead and buy the Picasso, take it to one of the TWO people on earth that really know what they are talking about when it comes to Picasso, (they have to know blind stamps and watermarks on the paper, what paper is correct and other details that are not shared with the general public), they will charge you anywhere from $600.00 to $1,000.00 to do a detailed report explaining why the piece you bought is FAKE. If it turns out that you are correct and someone is willing to give away a work by one of the MASTERS of the 20th Century, then you are the winner and have found a treasure for almost no $$.  Either way, I see no reason to send negative comments about what I said.  I am not accustom to being treated this way after giving FREE advice.  It makes no sense.

Dan

Dan Twyman