Fine Art/The Rothenburg Inn

"The Rothenburg Inn"
"The Rothenburg Inn"  
QUESTION: Can you tell me the value or even any info on the beautiful etchings? They were given to my parents back in the 60's and were brought here from Germany. They are both signed in German!

ANSWER: In the fine art world, there are no free appraisals.

For anyone to give you an accurate value on these, they will have to do some research.

The Rothenburg Inn
The Rothenburg Inn  
QUESTION: I wasn't asking for an appraisal and I apologize if it sounded that way. I was basically looking for info about it. When I ask for value I meant is it something worth looking into further? I apologize again.
Here is more pic of the signature.

If you have an imported etching with pencil signature and numbers, it's worth looking into because etchings have to be hand made.

The amount of work it takes to create a piece has a direct impact on the value.  As an example, Serigraphs are time consuming to produce, so they sell for high end prices when they are new.

Etchings and engravings are the product of a hand engraved metal plate and then there is quite a bit of work to create the finished product on paper, and there is quite a bit of waste as the printer will have to throw out quite a few due to errors in printing etc.

I would keep them and enjoy them unless you are in a situation where you need to sell.  In that case, research has to be done to determine the accurate value.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.