Fine Art/Unidentified artist

Question
Artist\'s Signature
Artist's Signature  
Hi Brent,
Many years ago I purchased this framed print for $15.00 at a garage sale and could never figure out who painted the original.  It was so old that I had to have it rematted because the matting had crumbled and the framer told me he made the new matting so the name of the print could be seen and it is called "Summertime".  It is in excellent condition and framed in a narrow Oak frame. I think the date is 1868.  Thanks for any help you maigh give me.

Answer
Hello Velma,  It is next to impossible for anyone to identify who created a work of art solely by using a signature, or in this case a monogram.  Besides, since this looks like it is reproduction created from some type of intaglio print process the monogram you are showing could be the person who created the print and not who actually created the original work of art!!  Please attach a clear image of the entire work and include its size and anything else you know about the work,  Thank you, Brent

Brent Luebke