Fine Art/The Rothenburg Inn

Lana wrote at 2008-08-08 18:51:42
I am wondering if you found out anything new as I have two of these as well. Also brought back from Germany by my parents.

Charlie wrote at 2010-03-24 01:38:41
I also have an etching but the one I have is different from these two. It appears to be the door to the Inn and referred to in pencil at the bottom as "portal" The penciled writing at the bottom is identical to the other two shown.  My father also brought it to the US in the 1950's.

Hannah Hess wrote at 2013-01-22 04:32:33
I also have two lovely color etchings with identical pencil signatures as shown in the close up of The Rothenburg Inn.  Unfortunately, I cannot decipher the signatures in order to investigate these etching further and was hoping to find someone who could identify the artist. They are both simply titled Rothenburg Jer. I bought them in a consignment shop nearly 30 years ago ($40.00 for the pair) and have admired them ever since.  I have searched the internet for more information but have found nothing until now. Thanks so much Dan for posting these to your site and to the person who made the initial inquiry and provided the close up of the signature!  

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.