Fine Art/Servaes oil painting

DOROTHY wrote at 2008-10-26 05:44:23
I WORK FOR AN ASSISTED LIVING NURSING HOME AND A WOMEN THAT LIVES THERE HAS THE EXACT SAME PAINTING AS YOU. IT LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE WORTH SOMETHING...BUT IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PAINTING THEN I THINK THAT ITS NOT WORTH MUCH.

KCL wrote at 2009-07-02 04:26:42
Amazing!!! I have a very simular painting.  It could be the same location only reversed.  I have been trying for years to find out something about it.  Now I know.

Kodiak wrote at 2011-04-14 15:21:03
Hi Kimberly,

My Grandmother has a very similar painting of a river/lake scene with trees on the shore (24X36).  It too is signed by Servaes and in pencil on the reverse reads "#51 Sunburst by Servaes".  My grandmother has been trying to track down the artist/origin of her painting for quite some time as well.  I don't know if this helps, but at least you know there are more out there like it.

Ryan

tom wrote at 2013-01-08 14:35:51
for this being some kind of mass produced funiture store item i sure dont see many like this, i saw one like this in an amsterdam museum called "moon lit lagoon" is it a canvass would you like to sell it?

i think he painted this at the time he was going to school in belgium if it is indeed a canvass the one i saw was like this but had sheep and a moon in the center.

Raymond L. Watkins wrote at 2013-12-03 06:49:13
I have a similar painting I bought at auction 6-7 years ago near Dallas, Texas.  My painting which I bought at a "Dutch/Belgian" container, antique auction near Dallas Texas 6-7 years ago.  It is a very large piece. The canvas is 30"ht. x 50"w.  Do you have any information on this artist?  Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Raymond L. Watkins

accurend at Verizon dot net

Can I e-mail an image and a close up of the signature?  

cllc wrote at 2014-07-29 17:14:09
I have a similar signed Servaes, approximately 24x48 inch painting that was purchased in 1968 by my parents from art dealer Frits Verkerk, Kerstraat 125, Amsterdam, phone 020.23.77.08

tommy wrote at 2015-01-24 10:27:46
Dorothy sounds like a very knowledgeable expert retirement home worker

maybe you should take it down and look at it and send us a photo front and back

Tom wrote at 2016-05-18 11:05:57
Brett RESPECTFULLY PLEASE!!!! AMEND YOUR OPINION ON THESE OLDER ALBERT SERVAES,MANY EXPERTS ARE CONFUSED AND CALLING RENE SERVAES,THE REAL ALBERT

THE ARTIST WOULD ROLL OVER IN HIS  GRAVE.

WHAT KIND OF EXPERT ARE YOU?

WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING AT CHRISTIES?

HMM

BEWARE OF SELF PROCLAIMED EXPERTS ON THE INTERNET THAT GIVE SCATHING OPINIONS WITHOUT REAL THOUGHT...........

Brent Luebke