Fine Art/girl with long pigtail in boat by moonlight

lightcatcher wrote at 2009-08-10 19:19:41
  I HAVE BOUGHT THE EXACT SAME SCENE IN A PRINT. A PLANOGRAPHIC PRINT. KNOWN TO THE TIME OF PRINTING AS A "CHROMOLITHOGRAPHIC PRINT". THE FULL MOON IS IN THE SAME EXACT SPACE IN THE SCENE. THE GIRL IS IN THE SAME CLOTHING AND THE COLORS OF HER CLOTHING ARE THE SAME. I CAN SEE NO DIFFERENCES AT THE LEVEL OF MAGNIFICATION IN THIS SITES POSTING.

I TO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANY INFORMATION OF THE ARTIST ORIGINAL.  

Wayne wrote at 2009-12-26 20:48:43

I purchased a print and oil that looks almost identical to the oil shown here. The title of the the image is "Alone". I cannot make-out the artist signature on the image and the oil appears to be unsigned. They are old like maybe mid 1800's. They were also purchased in NY.

I have this painting, too. wrote at 2015-07-04 21:14:16
I have the exact same painting with a twist - ours was painted by my  great great grandmother in the late 1800's.  We're wondering where she saw the original and copied it from.  Did we ever find out who painted the original?  She wasn't from New York so I think the original image was something a lot of people would have seen.

Daniel A. Hynes