Fine Art/wanting to indentify two watercolors, thanks.

Hi, years ago I bought 2 what I believe to be watercolors from a second hand shop. They would measure 6"x8.5".
I think they maybe french, and as far as I can see unsigned, and maybe Victorian. The first is of a buxom semi naked lady on a swing, she is swinging above four gentlemen blowing horns, the background consists of blue sky and clouds, and she is wearing a striped hat and a pink/red and white dress that is billowing up around her waist showing all her glory. The second would be from the same series, same measurements, this time another buxom lady on a swing, once again dress billowing up around her waist so that you can see her genitalia, and her breasts are also exposed. Her dress is white and she has purple and blue feathers in her hair. There is also a dirty old man on a swing with tongue out, be-speckled, wearing some kind of military clothing, a bit like Napoleon, hat with a feather, pants down erect penis exposed, about to enter her. They are both very erotic, but also humorous, very Moulin Rouge, i think, do these sound familiar, and if not how would I go about finding out, thank you..

Dear Liz,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and remove any paper covering (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940 (in other words if it does not look like your grandfather or great-grandfather would have owned it, don't proceed). If you have found my instructions somewhere on the internet, do not email me unless you go through

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.