Fine Art/Augustus Spencer

Having read Brent's question I have just seen a copy of a painting by this artis entitled "A Surrey Cottage" up for sale at $1,800 via GoAntiques website.  Do I take it that this is much overpriced?  Appreciate your comments.

Caro,  I had to go back to the archives to find out what question you were referring to - 2/8/2007.  My answer as the time was "Augustus Spencer was a British artist that lived from 1860 - 1924.  I assume the painting you are asking about is an original work?  A few of his paintings have sold at auction over the years but the prices have been low, $500.00 to $1,000.00 tops."  I said his works at auction, up until 2/8/2007 have sold for $1,000.00 tops.  The site your referred to is not an auction company.  I will not make comments about a work for sale on a website without examining the work in person first.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.