Fine Art/Augustus Spencer

Question
Having read Brent's question I have just seen a copy of a painting by this artis entitled "A Surrey Cottage" up for sale at $1,800 via GoAntiques website.  Do I take it that this is much overpriced?  Appreciate your comments.

Answer
Caro,  I had to go back to the archives to find out what question you were referring to - 2/8/2007.  My answer as the time was "Augustus Spencer was a British artist that lived from 1860 - 1924.  I assume the painting you are asking about is an original work?  A few of his paintings have sold at auction over the years but the prices have been low, $500.00 to $1,000.00 tops."  I said his works at auction, up until 2/8/2007 have sold for $1,000.00 tops.  The site your referred to is not an auction company.  I will not make comments about a work for sale on a website without examining the work in person first.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke