Fine Art/Dali lithograph

Question
I have a Dali lithograph from The Collectors' Guild, Ltd. titled: "Down The
Rabbit Hole." It measures 17" X 26" and is framed with a COa on the back. It
is signed lower right in pencil. COA lists it as an original lithograph. Lower
left in pencil is marking: P  XIX/CCL. What can you tell me of this piece,
history, value, etc.

Also, when I produced "The Merv Griffin Show" in the 1960's, we had Dali on
as a guest. He gave me a book of his and signed the front inside page in bold
ink with his Dali signature and the date 1965. I have had the entire book
framed with the page opened to show his signature. Should I insure this? Is it
of any value? I know it is authentic as Dali signed it for me in my presence.

Many thanks for your expertise on thse 2 matters.

Albert Fisher
afisher423@aol.com

Answer
The Collectors Guild sent low end affordable prints to it's members.

The correct version of Down The Rabbit Hole does not have a pencil signature.

The correct version is about 16 x 20 inches in size and are taken from a book suite with an edition size of 1500 books.

I suspect you have the larger sized print that was re-called after it was discoverd Dali did not sign them.

The signed book sounds interesting.  If you send me images and details on the book, along with your phone number, I can call you to discuss.

I recommend that you document all histroy with the book and how you got it. Keep the written history with the book for the future.

Send images and details to: collectdali@aol.com

Do not post your private info here as this is a public site.

Dan

Dan Twyman