Fine Art/Desert Domain by Paul Grimm

My question is the same as one you received and answered on Sept. 25/07.

I also have a piece of Paul Grimm art called Desert Domain which is larger than the one the other person had.  It is framed with glass and the glass covering it measures approx. 31 x 25 with a 2 1/2" frame.  It is signed "Paul Grimm" on the lower left - block letters by artist brush, the last M having a tail.

There is a card on the top back of the frame with fancy printing "Desert Domain" next line "by Paul Grimm" next line "(Contemporary American)".

My question is the same as the other person with a Desert Domain by Paul Grimm which is smaller in size -  How can I tell if this is a print or an oil.  

Would anything from my description tell what the liklihood would be?  Also, it would be interesting to be able to contact the other person who has a Desert Domain as he might by now have information which we could share.

If it's an oil, it's worth quite a few thousand dollars, so it would be worth it to do research.  Research takes time. If There are different sizes of the same image, they are probably reproductions, but once again, it has to be researched.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.