Fine Art/Edwin Douglas "Jersey" Print

I guess maybe I'm not really sure if I have an original or not.  How do I tell?
Thanks Karen

Hello Karen,  I assume you are referring to Edwin Douglas a Scottish artist that lived from 1848 -1914.  As per R.E. Wilson's page on the artist - Douglas started painting a series of paintings with Jersey cows titled The Channel Island Series in 1878. An article on Edwin Douglas in the Art Journal of 1885 by Walter Armstrong describes the Channel Island Series of four paintings as 'most characteristic', as follows: The first painting of this series is titled "Jersey" showing a milk maid between two tiny Jersey cows. The second painting of the series titled "Alderney" showing a girl carrying cabbages walking by a Jersey cow. The third painting is titled "Sark." The fourth painting titled, "Jersey Family" shows Jersey cows being milked and another tethered. Many, many reproductions were made, and are still being made, of the above paintings.  You, most likely have one of these reproductions, AKA prints.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.