Fine Art/Einfahrt

Feininger Sturmische Einfahrt/1934
Feininger Sturmische E  
I have a 19 3/4 x 13 1/4 watercollor print with the name Feininger Sturmische Einfahrt in the lft hand cornerand 1934 in the bottom right hand corner.  It also has the
#39 handwritten on the back in pencil. The image seems to be a schooner in rough seas.  I have a picture of the print and I am curious about how to go about finding it's value if any.

Dear Denis,

Your print was released as an original lithograph in 1934 by Lyonel Feininger, (American, 1871-1956).  Stumische Einfahrt is the title. The latest auction result that I can find on this print is 2006 for $739. It would be much higher in a retail gallery. Since I cannot see it in person, I cannot tell if it is an original lithograph. You may want to take it to a local art or antique dealer for determination if it is a copy or original. If it is a copy, its worth is in your enjoyment of it. It is a beautiful print.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.