Fine Art/Em Oberhauser

I have a print I purchased in Omaha neb in 97. It is titled Song of love on the bottom in a white area surrounding the print. The signature is Em Oberhauser. It shows a lady on a bed with a giant seashell headboard and a  man playing what appears to be a harp to her with girls dancing and cherubs flying above the lady on the bed. I cannot find any reference to the painting anywhere. What do you know about this?
Thanks Michelle

Hello Michelle,  Emmanuel Oberhauser was an Austrian artist that lived from 1854 - 1919.  He did reproduce a few of his paintings as original prints, usually etchings, but there is no catalogue raisonne of what he created so I cannot confirm that your print is original or simply some type of mechanical reproduction, AKA poster. Are you able to attach an image?  What size is the image?  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.