Fine Art/Expert Required

Picasso Print ?
Picasso Print ?  
Hi Dolly:

This is the farthest from my expertise so I have come to you for help.  

Upon cleaning out my mother's attic after her passing in 2003, I found the attached.  I'm guessing this is what your world refers to as a print (??).  It was in a tube that was addressed to an address where my parents lived pre 1963.  What is this and does it have any value?

Thank you for your help and time.

Dear Kevin,

You have a Picasso lithograph that I have seen referred to as "Small Pierrot". If original, the size of the pochoir painted lithograph on brown velin paper,(if untrimmed), should be approximately 19 x 24 inches. Based on the image; the purchase date prior to 1963; and the fact that I have not seen this one mass produced; I believe yours is most likely original. I think it was released in 1955. You can take it to a local dealer or museum to verify. I found only one online, but it was also hand signed by Picasso at the bottom, as well as the plate signature at the top. The seller is in Switzerland and is asking $16,000. An unsigned is going to be worth much less, but an original Picasso print still has great value.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.