Fine Art/Expert Required

Question
Picasso Print ?
Picasso Print ?  
Hi Dolly:

This is the farthest from my expertise so I have come to you for help.  

Upon cleaning out my mother's attic after her passing in 2003, I found the attached.  I'm guessing this is what your world refers to as a print (??).  It was in a tube that was addressed to an address where my parents lived pre 1963.  What is this and does it have any value?

Thank you for your help and time.

Kevin

Answer
Dear Kevin,

You have a Picasso lithograph that I have seen referred to as "Small Pierrot". If original, the size of the pochoir painted lithograph on brown velin paper,(if untrimmed), should be approximately 19 x 24 inches. Based on the image; the purchase date prior to 1963; and the fact that I have not seen this one mass produced; I believe yours is most likely original. I think it was released in 1955. You can take it to a local dealer or museum to verify. I found only one online, but it was also hand signed by Picasso at the bottom, as well as the plate signature at the top. The seller is in Switzerland and is asking $16,000. An unsigned is going to be worth much less, but an original Picasso print still has great value.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley