Fine Art/Hi

I have an original Lady of Castile picture in really good condition. I wanted to know how do I find out the value for this picture.

Dear Deyonte,

I hope you are doing well. You mention you have an original Lady of Castille. In answering your question I will assume that the picture you have is the vintage image produced by Turner Wall Accessories after the painting done by Spanish artist Jose Puyet. Turner produced many of the images by Puyet using a technique that resembles the original brush strokes. Though a few have gone as high as $20k, the majority of his original oil paintings sell in the $800-3000 range.

The best way to determine current market value for your art is to start with a Google search using the key words: Lady of Castile, Puyet. It will bring up several examples of the art and the pricing people are currently asking. From what I found, your art ranges in price value from $25-100. Certainly the condition plays an important role in the final value of the art and therefore yours should place in the higher range of value.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.