Fine Art/Hi

Question
I have an original Lady of Castile picture in really good condition. I wanted to know how do I find out the value for this picture.

Answer
Dear Deyonte,

I hope you are doing well. You mention you have an original Lady of Castille. In answering your question I will assume that the picture you have is the vintage image produced by Turner Wall Accessories after the painting done by Spanish artist Jose Puyet. Turner produced many of the images by Puyet using a technique that resembles the original brush strokes. Though a few have gone as high as $20k, the majority of his original oil paintings sell in the $800-3000 range.

The best way to determine current market value for your art is to start with a Google search using the key words: Lady of Castile, Puyet. It will bring up several examples of the art and the pricing people are currently asking. From what I found, your art ranges in price value from $25-100. Certainly the condition plays an important role in the final value of the art and therefore yours should place in the higher range of value.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley