Fine Art/Identifiying artists signature

Hi Dolly, I'm trying to identify the artist of a landscape painting I found in a little junk shop in Boston in the 1980's  while I was goint to college there.  It's an oil and was smartly framed in an oval semi-ornate wooden frame with beveled glass -- the framing was done by DeLuxe Art Studio, 225 North Green Street, Chicago, Illinois.  The painting itself is a landscape of a mountain with pines and a stream running through.  The signature is on the left side in black paint... there is a captial E and then what looks like a small < (which could be a sharp c) and finally a capital K.
Any ideas?  Thanks, Lisa

Dear Lisa,

I can try to help with the identification, but I will need some CLEAR photos of the entire painting, back of painting, close up of signature and brush stroke, and photos of any writing. These should all be in high resolution photos so that I can work with them in photoshop. Please email them to: with allexperts-Lisa in the subject line.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.