Fine Art/Identifiying artists signature

Question
Hi Dolly, I'm trying to identify the artist of a landscape painting I found in a little junk shop in Boston in the 1980's  while I was goint to college there.  It's an oil and was smartly framed in an oval semi-ornate wooden frame with beveled glass -- the framing was done by DeLuxe Art Studio, 225 North Green Street, Chicago, Illinois.  The painting itself is a landscape of a mountain with pines and a stream running through.  The signature is on the left side in black paint... there is a captial E and then what looks like a small < (which could be a sharp c) and finally a capital K.
Any ideas?  Thanks, Lisa

Answer
Dear Lisa,

I can try to help with the identification, but I will need some CLEAR photos of the entire painting, back of painting, close up of signature and brush stroke, and photos of any writing. These should all be in high resolution photos so that I can work with them in photoshop. Please email them to: dheadley@fineartgalleria.com with allexperts-Lisa in the subject line.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley