Fine Art/Igor Pantuhoff Oil on Canvas

Question
Igor Pantuhoff Painting
Igor Pantuhoff Paintin  
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
I am trying to find out any info about a painting I have acquire. I have identified the artist as Igor Pantuhoff A Russian born artist who later came to America.  The painting is that of a little blonde haired girl holding a flower, has her hair pulled up.  Dark background.   Signed in lower right corner Igor.  There is a number on the back 70135.  I would like to find out how old this painting is and if it is of any value.

Respectfully,
Roseann

ANSWER: Interesting, looks like pastels.  The artist did make a name for himself and information can be obtained, but it would take a bit of time to research it.

Dan

QUESTION: Hello Dan,
Thank you for the reply.  The painting appears to be an oil on canvas. It is definitely texture and has somewhat of a sheen to it.  I would love to find out the age of this painting. I tried to do some research, all I know is he was born in Russia, in 1911 and died in the 70's.  And his work was mostly oils. Thank you so much for any information you might find. I did find on Southebys.com one of his paintings that sold for over 4,000 dollars in 1993.

Sincerley,

Roseann Buchanan

ANSWER: It would take some time to research.  If you want to persue it, send all details to my personal email address: collectdali@aol.com

Include ph# so we can discuss.

Dan

QUESTION: I will contact you via email.  I see you are a Salvador Dali expert.
I frequently visit my 90 year old father in Tampa, and one of these trips I want to visit the Salvador Dali museum there. I have a friend with a collection of Dali's paintings, pretty neat stuff.

Sincerely,

Roseann Buchanan

Answer
Yes the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg. There is a Dali exhibit there now with the original Persistence of Memory (Melting Clock image), it might be over but when it was in Los Angeles it was a three month exhibit.

If you want to collect Dali works, request a free catalog by calling 888-888-3254 and ask for Dan.  

Dan Twyman