Fine Art/Michel Delacroix litho

Question
QUESTION: I have a framed lithograph hand signed by Michel Delacroix. It is tittled LA SORTIE DU CHENIL.  It 1s number 39/150. I either want to donate it to charity or sell it. I just need a realistic value of the litho. Thanks Bruce

ANSWER: You need an appraisal. i'ts difficult to blurt out values here with such limited info.

QUESTION: What else do you need. I gave you the name and edition number. It is hand signed. It is from 1988. If you can't help then that is OK. I can always get a appraisal from a gallery. What limited info is left. I don't quite understand your answer.

Answer
Your assuming a gallery can give you an appraisal. Most art collectors will tell you that you have to do research to get accurate info and art galleries are not supposed to do authenticity and appraisal, it's a conflict of interest. A certified art appraiser authenticator is the way to go when determining the value of any work. If your giving the work away as a gift, the person or organization you are giving it to can do the work and then you can take the write off. If you plan to sell it, you will need to determine a fair market value. I can refer you to an appraiser. I don't know of anyone that does the work for FREE.

Dan

Dan Twyman