Fine Art/Original Picasso Pencil Etchings

Question
Do you trust an auctionner called "auctioncompanyofamerica"
they says their picassos'are "originals"
Thank's
Charles

Answer
You have to be careful with these types of things. I called and was told that there is no one to tell me who authenticates works sold at auction. They tried to prompt me to attend the auction and find out all info there. I'm sure you have been to auctions before, it's all about making a bid and very little is offered in the way of info when it comes to what experts will verify the works. Do not put yourself in a pressure situation and if the prices are LOW, that is a RED FLAG. Legit Picasso works can only be verified by a very few people and they start at 20K to 25K minimum. I have questioned the source of art in many auctions and they don't want to discuss it. They always have a story about an estate they are liqidating.

Buy at your own risk/Buyer Beware.

As an art consultant, I send clients an extensive catalog and then give them time to make a decision, and our firm does not do IN HOUSE certificates because it is a conflict of interest. We rely on known outside experts for our paperwork.

Dan

Dan Twyman