Fine Art/Painting

QUESTION: Can you please review the attached painting and let me know if it is worth anything?  The picture is more than 55 years old because it was hanging in my grandmother's house during my mother's wedding ceremony held there in April 1953.  The painting is in several of the wedding pictures.  It appears to be an oil painting and is painted on some kind of board.  The name "Maurice" is printed in the lower right hand corner.

ANSWER: If you have an old oil on artist board, it should hold some value, I would have to research the artist and find out if they were ever published.  With the info provided, I can't really make a determination.

QUESTION: Is there any other information I could provide that might help you make a determination?f37sh

We need to determine first and last name of artist.
Also, Title of work.
Research has to be done to compare to other works by the artist and then fair market value is determined by comparing past sales and any recent sales etc.  All this takes time a very expensive research material.

Most consultants/appraisers/authenticators charge fees because of the time involved and the amount of $$ spent on archival/art books etc.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.