Fine Art/Picasso 1904 - Mother, Child and Four Studies for a right hand

Question
QUESTION: In 1999, I purchased a home where an elderly woman of about 85 lived. She
left many belongings behind and while cleaning the home, I found a glass &
wood framed PICASSO 1904 art print? in a protective jacketed cardboard like
cover which smells and appears to be very old.  On the back of the jacket it
has a small Identity tag attached DR128  PICASSO: Mother, Child and Four
Studies for a Right Hand.   On the lower front edge of the print it reads the
title, Cambridge, Mass, Harvard University, Fogg Art Museum, Meta and Paul
J. Sachs Collection - Published by Shorewood Publishers, Inc. Distributed by
Penn Prints, New York.   Would you know anything about this?

ANSWER: Sounds like decorative art.  no Picasso signature correct?

Dan

QUESTION: Yes, it is signed by Picasso, 1904  (located on bottom right )

ANSWER: Are you selling it?

I suggest sending images to my personal email address and include any text/history about how you obtained the work etc.

I can present it to our buyer.

Dan

QUESTION: Thank you for your help Dan, However - I think it wise that I should contact maybe Sotheby's or Butterfield & Butterfield for authenticating or appraising it first and possibly even the media prior to accepting any offers for it.

Answer
The media?  I've been in the business for years, we do not contact the media?  Sothby's & other auction houses do not want to be taken advantage of.  They will want to know if you are interested in selling or just needing an appraisal. We are the same.

Dan

Dan Twyman