Fine Art/Picasso Etching

Question
Picasso complete
Picasso complete  
I have an opportunity to purchase a Picasso etching, hand signed, from the 30's, certified by the Musee D'Orsay and Christie's auction house. It is on hand made paper, 11 3/4 x 8 inches, with a plate mark 4 3/4 by 3 1/2 inches.

First, what is the possibility that the museum stamps are forged?
Second, what is such an etching worth?
Third, would your company consider selling it?

Thank you very much

Professor Jordan B Peterson
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Answer
The Musée d'Orsay has a museum shop that sells posters. Not sure what you have. I cannot make out the images you sent as they are very small. Per our phone conversation, the price you mentioned is a BIG Red Flag and sounds way off. If in fact they are selling the real thing for that low amount, you will have made the buy of the century. I asked a few others in the industry, they agree it sounds like the seller knows it is a low end reproduction and is pricing it as such. No way to be sure as I have not examined it in person.

Dan

Dan Twyman