Fine Art/Picasso Lithograph

Question
picasso, lithograph
picasso, lithograph  
Hello, I have been researching this print for the past two months and I am at this point a little frustrated as I can not find a reference or another example to which compare this print.  According to the sticker on the back of the print, the picture was orginally bought at a bookstore called schoenhofs in Massachusetts. The label reads that they sold fine art prints.  I did call this book store and they said that they have not sold prints like this in about 20-30 years, if not more.  I carefully removed the print from its original frame to try to find sort of mark and all I could find was a handwritten "1253" on the back of the print.  Any information about date of printing, authenticity (as far as being part of the picasso collection of works), etc. would be helpful.  The print measures about 22" by about 34".  Please contact me with further questions or for more information.  I thank you in advance for your help.

Answer
Dear Tony,

I have never seen this image before. It must be extremely rare. I checked the Picasso online project, searched my books, and did numerous searches using keywords Pierrot, Harlequin, and clown, and the image did not come up. It looks as though there is a date under his signature. Can you tell me what it is? Also, if you can, send me the image at less of an angle and clear close up high resolution images of the signature and image edges. Maybe they can give me more clues. You can email the date on the print and the images to dheadley@fineartgalleria.com.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley